Building Materials - Floor Coverings
There is a wide range of floor covering options available, including:
- Carpet – options include synthetic, wool, synthetic-wool
blends, loop or cut pile, heavy duty or extra heavy duty, and
treated to help combat dust mites.
- Wood Veneer
- Ceramic Tiles: clay and porcelin
- Decorative Concrete
Read about green
building flooring options
Carpet offers the maxium warmth and noise reduction but can harbor
mold and dust mites which act as allegens to some people.
- Wooden and vinyl flooring can be noisy.
- Wood veneer can delaminate in wet areas
- Tiles, marble and slate can be slippery when wet and require
underfloor heating to avoid being very cold.
Next: Pipes and
Back to Top
Materials Index | Cladding
| Glazing | Roofing | Flooring
| Floor Coverings | Pipes